Mrs Shipley and Mrs Green are the class teachers
Mrs Corby is the teaching assistant
Things to Note:
- Our PE days are Wednesday and Thursday. PE will be outside and inside this term so please have kit for both types of sessions, including trainers. Wednesday sessions will be Tag Rugby, outside.
- Homework - You will have a grid of activities based on our theme sent home at the beginning of the half term and a weekly English or Maths task which is given out on Wednesday and collected the following Wednesday. 2 Theme based tasks from the grid should be completed at some point during the term, but you can always do more if you want to!
- Spellings will be done on Fridays.
- Times Tables - It is essential that these are being practised all the time, as the government expectation is that all Year 4 children know all their times tables up to 12 x 12 by the end of the year. While we support this through our learning in school, home practise is vital!
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Read Write Inc Phonics - Information for parents about our phonics scheme.
- Oxford Owl - A great place to find e-books you haven't read before!
- Nrich - Use this site to develop reasoning and problem solving skills in mathematics.
- Top Marks - fantastic games to help you with maths!
- Purple Mash - we will sometimes set homework tasks from the Purple Mash website. It's fantastic to use at home for extra learning in addition to what we learn at school. Every child has their own login details for the website.