Miss Worsley is the class teacher
Mrs Plumridge and Mrs Walker are the teaching assistants
Click here to find out what we are learning about in Venus Class this term.
Things to Note:
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat in the morning session. In the afternoon children are provided with fruit from the Government free fruit scheme.
- All children should bring a water bottle to school every day and this must contain WATER ONLY!
- Milk is free for all four year olds but must be ordered from the 'Cool Milk' website. Once children are five they automatically come off the register but parents can go back on the website to purchase milk if they wish to continue having it.
- School meals are provided by Dolce and must be ordered directly from the website where you can choose what your child will have to eat. This can be booked in advance but must be booked before 9.00am on the day you wish your child to have a meal.
- PE is on a Tuesday and children will need a PE kit in school which should include a white t-shirt, a black pair of shorts and black pumps. This will be sent home at the end of each half term for a wash!
- Venus class visit the library every Friday afternoon where they will bring a book home for the week. Please make sure you return your child'd library book before the following Thursday so they can check out a new book.
- Barnaby Bear will choose someone to go home with for the weekend each Friday.
- Forest School takes place every Friday (starting after October half term) and a letter of dates will be sent out at the start of each new term. There will also be a parent's meeting to give you more information and hopefully entice some helpers! Please see attached powerpoint from the meeting for more information (click on the tree)
- Take home tasks are sent home every Friday and will alternate between a Maths challenge and a creative/topic task. It would be great if these could be returned the following week (unless specified otherwise) but there is no time limit. The take home tasks form part of your child's 'Learning Journey' as part of the 'Home Links' section.
- Following the 'Meet the Teacher' evening please click on the picture below to read a copy of the powerpoint at your leisure. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
Learning to read with phonics-watch information videos and hear how to say each so
CBeebies-helps children learn whilst they play fun games, watch clips, sing songs and make things with their favourite CBeebies characters and shows.
Read, Write, Inc- here you will find a series of information and tutorial videos explaining the basics of Read Write Inc-the phonics programme we use at Crick Primary.
Newsround-The home of news and fun facts for kids. We watch Newsround everyday before lunch. During the week Newsround is updated three times a day, with a 7.40am, 8.15am and 4.20pm bulletins. Why not watch it when you get home from school.
Alphabet Song-We love this new take on an old classic-"A, B, C, D, E I'm in the jungle in a coconut tree". Listen to a song about the alphabet.
Purple Mash-an exciting and safe online environment where children can get involved in all sorts of creative projects to support their learning in Literacy, Maths, Science, ICT, History, Geography, RE, Art, Music, and Design and Technology.