Parents and friends are more than welcome at Crick Primary School and we hope you will spend time actively participating in school life. We recognise that you, as parents, are the child’s first educators. When your child comes to school we become partners in your child’s education. You can make a vital contribution by helping us to understand and respond sensitively to your child’s growing personality.
The school benefits greatly from the help given by parents, relatives and friends. We hope that you will be able to help us in school with reading activities, school visits or by sharing a particular skill with the children. If you can give your time we would be delighted to hear from you.
To keep you fully informed with school life we provide the following:
- Fortnightly newsletters about current events in school (you can subscribe to this on our home page)
- Class curriculum maps explaining in more detail your child’s learning
- Termly class assemblies where we invite you to come and see the work your child’s class has been involved in
- Open afternoons where you can come and join in with the learning taking place
- Bi-annual parents / carer consultations with your child’s class teacher to discuss their progress
- Open evenings to look at your child's work
- An annual report detailing your child’s progress in all subjects, their strengths and areas for development.
- If at any time you want to talk about your child’s education or have any concerns, views or ideas you wish to share with us, please contact the school.
At Crick Primary School we strongly encourage and warmly welcome parents to take an active part in several ways:
- Attending parents’ evenings, curriculum meetings and other organised events encouraging and supporting your child with homework activities
- Helping in the classrooms or the school in general; sharing any hobbies, interesting occupations, collections, etc. with the children
Each year we survey our parents and carers so we can build on and improve our practice. Please find the results of our most recent parent/carer questionnaire by clicking here.