Miss Worsley is the class teacher
Mrs Plumridge, Mrs Walker and Mrs Fisher are our teaching assistants
Click here to find out what we are learning about in Venus Class this term.
Things to Note:
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat in the morning session. In the afternoon children are provided with fruit from the Government free fruit scheme.
- All children should bring a water bottle to school every day and this must contain WATER ONLY! This water bottle will stay in the classroom for the children to access anytime they need a drink. If your child is having packed lunches then they will need a separate drink in their lunchbox.
- Milk is free for all four year olds but must be ordered from the 'Cool Milk' website. Once children are five they automatically come off the register but parents can go back on the website to purchase milk if they wish to continue having it.
- School meals are provided by Dolce and must be ordered directly from the website where you can choose what your child will have to eat. This can be booked in advance but must be booked at least the night before if you wish your child to have a meal.
- PE is on a Tuesday afternoon and children will need a PE kit in school which should include a white t-shirt, a black pair of shorts and black pumps. This will be sent home at the end of each half term for a wash!
- Venus class visit the library every Friday morning where they will bring a book home for the week. Please make sure you return your child'd library book before the following Thursday so they can check out a new book.
- Barnaby Bear will choose someone to go home with for the weekend each Friday.
- Take home tasks are sent home at the start of every half term. Children are asked to choose as little or as many tasks as they would like to complete from a variety of options which are linked to their class topic and these will change every half term. It would be great if these could be returned by the date specified on the sheet. A copy of all take home tasks will be posted on the take home tasks section of Venus' class page (see bottom of page). The take home tasks form part of your child's 'Learning Journey' as part of the 'Home Links' section.
- Please find attached the powerpoint and the accompanying handouts for the information session held on Thursday 4th October. Thank you to everyone who attended.
- Early Years Powerpoint
- 7 Areas of Learning Handout
- Characteristics of Learning handout
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
Learning to read with phonics-watch information videos and hear how to say each so
CBeebies-helps children learn whilst they play fun games, watch clips, sing songs and make things with their favourite CBeebies characters and shows.
Read, Write, Inc- here you will find a series of information and tutorial videos explaining the basics of Read Write Inc-the phonics programme we use at Crick Primary.
Newsround-The home of news and fun facts for kids. We watch Newsround everyday before lunch. During the week Newsround is updated three times a day, with a 7.40am, 8.15am and 4.20pm bulletins. Why not watch it when you get home from school.
Alphabet Song-We love this new take on an old classic-"A, B, C, D, E I'm in the jungle in a coconut tree". Listen to a song about the alphabet.
Purple Mash-an exciting and safe online environment where children can get involved in all sorts of creative projects to support their learning in Literacy, Maths, Science, ICT, History, Geography, RE, Art, Music, and Design and Technology.