Welcome to Mercury Class
Mrs Morris is our class teacher
Ms Hinchcliffe is our teaching assistant
Click here to see what we are learning about in Mercury Class this term!
Things to Note:
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit is preferable).
- PE is on Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure your child has indoor and outdoor PE kit as we will be going outside whatever the weather.
- Spellings will be given out and tested on Mondays.
- Homework will be given out every Friday, this is then due in the following Thursday.
This half-term our topic is:
World War One
We used this clip from The Literacy Shed to inspire our writing about Joey's life. Come in and see our work!
We used drama to support our understanding of events that prompted the start of World War One.
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Nrich - We use this site to develop our reasoning and problem solving skills in mathematics. Have a look around and try some of the activities. Typical activities we may use range from Stage 1** to Stage 2**.
- Mathsframe - The children will find lots of maths games and activities here to support their learning in class.
- Brick Blaster 5 - This website supports children's mental addition skills
- Brick Blaster 6 - This website supports children's mental subtraction skills
- Purple Mash - resources to support the whole curriculum. Homework may also be set using the 'To Do' tab.