Home School Agreement
A successful education for your child depends on a positive partnership between home and school. The home school agreement represents the shared commitment of the school, parents/carers and pupils in order to achieve that success. Click here to download a copy of our Home-School Agreement.
The school will...
- Create a safe and inspiring place to learn, where children are respected, their talents are nurtured and they are able to thrive.
- Encourage pupils to do their best at all times
- Care for each child’s safety and well-being
- Arrange an Induction Evening for the parents/carers of pupils entering the Reception class
- Inform parents/carers about what the teachers aim to teach the children each term
- Provide a termly curriculum framework to enable parents/carers to support their child at home
- Arrange parents’/carers’ evenings bi-annually
- Contact parents/carers if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality, uniform, equipment or behaviour
- Let parents/carers know about any concerns or problems that affect their child’s work or behaviour
- Keep parents/carers informed about school activities through regular newsletters and notices of special events
- Encourage children to have a healthy lifestyle
- Operate an ‘open-door’ policy where parents/carers are welcome in school and offer opportunities for parents/carers to become involved in the daily life of the school
Parents/ Cares will...
- Support our child by taking an active interest in their learning and progress
- Ensure our child attends school regularly and punctually, signing them in/out of school if they miss the 8.55 a.m. and 1.15 p.m. registration times or have appointments during the day
- Ensure our child comes to school appropriately dressed and with the required equipment
- Let the school know about any concerns or problems that might affect our child’s work or behaviour
- Encourage our child to be well behaved
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour
- Attend parents’/carers’ evenings and discussions about our child’s progress
- Support our child to ensure homework is completed
- Not take family holidays during term time
- Supply the school with full and accurate personal information about our child in order to enable records to be kept up-dated
- Refrain from using social media to air any issues or concerns I/we may have with Crick Primary School and to contact the Headteacher in the first instance
As a pupil I will...
- Attend school regularly and on time
- Wear the school uniform, be tidy in appearance and bring the equipment I need every day
- Be polite, friendly and helpful to others at all times
- Have high expectations of myself and try my hardest
- Always try to be well behaved
- Respect the school grounds at all times
- Show respect for other people and their belongings
- Follow instructions given to me by any member of staff
- Hand in homework fully done, and on time