Welcome to Neptune Class
Class Teacher - Mrs Morris
Teaching Assistant - Miss Hinchcliffe
Things to Note:
- PE is on Thursday and Friday, please ensure your child has outdoor PE kit for our sessions this term.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and is due back in the following Thursday. Please be aware if it is handed in after this time it may not be marked that week.
- If you would like to see a sample of the Year Six SAT's papers click here
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit is preferable).
- Spellings will be given out every Monday and tested the following Monday.
- Please help your children to learn their times tables. Click here for fun activities to support your child's times table learning.
Autumn 2 :This term our topic is ...
Off with their heads!
This year on Remembrance Day, we painted poppies onto pebbles and then placed them at the village War Memorial in the churchyard and at various points around school. We also produced some war art using various mediums.
The legend - Sir David Attenborough
We have been learning to write biographies. We linked this to science and learnt about Charles Darwin, Jane Goodall before finally writing our biography on Sir David Attenborough. We presented these as double page spreads; we are very proud of how they turned out!
Science - It's electrifying!
We have been learning about electricity this term. We have learnt about and put together our own simple circuits, drawn circuit diagrams using the correct symbols and designed and made model fairground rides to demonstrate our learning and new understanding.
We began our learning about the Tudors by focusing on how the Tudor Rose came to be. We learnt about the Battle of Bosworth and Henry Tudor's rise to the monarchy.
It was our turn for Forest School on a Thursday. Here are some of the activities we took part in:
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Nrich fun maths challenges to deepen mathematical understanding.
- Scratch - programming website we use in class. Great fun, using blocks to code.
- Purple Mash - resources to support the whole curriculum. Homework may also be set using the 'To Do' tab
- Top marks- helping children to learn their times tables