Welcome to Neptune Class
Class Teacher - Mrs Morris
Teaching Assistant - Miss Hinchcliffe
Things to Note:
- PE is on Thursday and Friday, please ensure your child has outdoor PE kit for our sessions this term.
- Homework is given out on a Friday and is due back in the following Thursday. Please be aware if it is handed in after this time it may not be marked that week.
- If you would like to see a sample of the Year Six SAT's papers click here
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit is preferable).
- Spellings will be given out every Monday and tested the following Monday.
- Please help your children to learn their times tables. Click here for fun activities to support your child's times table learning.
Spring 1 & 2: our topic is:
Our Changing Planet
Spring 1 has been a Lockdown term, however, the children have produced amazing work during their remote learning relating to our topic. Take a look at some examples of the excellent work that has been produced!
Explanation text - the water cycle
Artwork - Recycled artwork
Geography - Climates & Biomes
Artwork - Winter landscapes
Autumn 2 :This term our topic is ...
Off with their heads!
A midsummer night's dream
As a finale to our learning about the Tudors, we studied William Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream. We wrote our own playscripts, made our own props and performed our version of the play in the round in the glade of Millennium Wood. We had a fabulous time, and were very lucky the sun shone!
This year on Remembrance Day, we painted poppies onto pebbles and then placed them at the village War Memorial in the churchyard and at various points around school. We also produced some war art using various mediums.
The legend - Sir David Attenborough
We have been learning to write biographies. We linked this to science and learnt about Charles Darwin, Jane Goodall before finally writing our biography on Sir David Attenborough. We presented these as double page spreads; we are very proud of how they turned out!
To finalise out science topic on electricity, the children were challenged to design a working fairground model. They worked hard on the design and build elements and then drew circuit diagrams to motorise their models. They evaluated them following the build and thought about how they could improve them next time. Well done everyone, great teamwork!
Science - It's electrifying!
We have been learning about electricity this term. We have learnt about and put together our own simple circuits, drawn circuit diagrams using the correct symbols and designed and made model fairground rides to demonstrate our learning and new understanding.
We began our learning about the Tudors by focusing on how the Tudor Rose came to be. We learnt about the Battle of Bosworth and Henry Tudor's rise to the monarchy.
It was our turn for Forest School on a Thursday. Here are some of the activities we took part in:
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Nrich fun maths challenges to deepen mathematical understanding.
- Scratch - programming website we use in class. Great fun, using blocks to code.
- Purple Mash - resources to support the whole curriculum. Homework may also be set using the 'To Do' tab
- Top marks- helping children to learn their times tables