Welcome to the Year 6 Class page
Class Teacher - Mrs Morris
Teaching Assistant - Miss Hinchcliffe
Things to Note:
- PE is on Friday, please ensure your child has outdoor PE kit for our sessions this term. Forest School is on a Wednesday this term.
- Homework will be set on Teams on a Friday and is due back in the following Friday. All homework is now on Teams.
- If you would like to see a sample of the Year Six SAT's papers click here
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit is preferable).
- Please help your children to learn their times tables. Click here for fun activities to support your child's times table learning.
Our class read is Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo. The children started this story in Year 5, but because of COVID it remained unfinished. We wanted to continue reading it because of the fabulous descriptive writing and vocabulary Michael Morgpurgo uses.
Read our autumn term newsletter here: Newsletter
Read about what we are learning here: Topic web
Autumn 1 :This term our topic is ...
Off with their heads!
We began our learning about the Tudors by focusing on how the Tudor Rose came to be. We learnt about the Battle of Bosworth and Henry Tudor's rise to the monarchy.
It is our turn for Forest School on a Wednesday. Here are some of our activities:
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Nrich fun maths challenges to deepen mathematical understanding.
- Scratch - programming website we sometimes use in class. Great fun, using blocks to code.
- Purple Mash - resources to support the whole curriculum. Homework may also be set using the 'To Do' tab
- Top marks- helping children to learn their times tables