Welcome to the Year 6 Class page
Class Teacher - Mrs Morris
Teaching Assistants - Miss Hinchcliffe & Mrs Hall
Things to Note:
- PE is on Wednesday and Friday, please ensure your child has outdoor PE kit for our sessions this term.
- The homework grids are now on Teams. Homework can be submitted via Teams or brought into school to share.
- If you would like to see a sample of the Year Six SAT's papers click here
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit is preferable).
- Please help your children to learn their times tables. Click here for fun activities to support your child's times table learning.
Our class read is Holes by Louis Sachar.
Read our spring term newsletter here: Newsletter
Read about what we are learning here: Topic web
Spring term: This term our topic is ...
Our Changing World
Autumn term: This term our topic is ...
Off with their heads!
We began our learning about the Tudors by focusing on how the Tudor Rose came to be. We learnt about the Battle of Bosworth and Henry Tudor's rise to the monarchy.
Life in Tudor Times
We have been learning all about life in the Tudor times; we then completed double-page spreads to show our understanding.
It is our turn for Forest School on a Wednesday. Here are some of our activities so far:
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Nrich fun maths challenges to deepen mathematical understanding.
- Scratch - programming website we sometimes use in class. Great fun, using blocks to code.
- Purple Mash - resources to support the whole curriculum. Homework may also be set using the 'To Do' tab
- Top marks- helping children to learn their times tables