Miss Simpson is our class teacher.
Our teaching assistants are Mrs Hardbattle and Miss Davies
Miss Simpson's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to note:
- PE is on Tuesdays and Fridays. On these days please send your child into school in their PE kit. This will be outside all term so please make sure they are dressed for the weather!
- Please make sure your child has wellies in school everyday for outdoor activities on the field.
- The children have the opportunity to read in school every day so please make sure their books and reading diaries are in school every day. If your child needs their book changing please put a note in their reading diary.
- Water bottles should be brought to school daily. Please make sure these are named.
- Please make sure all jumpers and book bags are named.
Our topic this term is...
Summer Term - Week 2
This week we have been busy practicing our counting in 2s and 5s. We have written our own version of the opening to the story Elmer, but we replaced elephants with rabbits! As a class we gathered some brilliant vocabulary for our opening and wrote an equally brilliant shared text. We are in full swing learning our May Day dance, we've been lucky to have beautiful sunshine to keep us going. Lots of beans have now started growing and have a few with quite long shoots! We have listened to lots of stories and had some fantastic discussions in all our lessons.
Keep checking back for updates about our learning during the term!
Spring Term... Beside the Seaside
During our spring term we were learning from home. We started our topic learning about where the coasts are and what seaside towns are like. We looked at lots of features, physical and human, and we explored the seaside town of Hunstanton! We designed an island and made a map of our own made up seaside town.
The children worked brilliantly and produced some fantastic work at home. Well done everyone!
Here is this half term's class newsletter: Mars Class Autumn Term 2 Newsletter
Here is our topic web for this half term: Toys Through Time Topic Web - Autumn 2
Here is our homework menu for this half term: Homework Menu - Autumn 2
Here are some great websites you can use at home:
- Purple mash - please log in to this and explore it with your child. The login details are in your child's reading diary.
- Phonics Play - Some great phonic based games to play.
- Phonics bloom - More great phonics games to play.
Newsround- The home of news and fun facts for kids.
- Top marks - English and Maths games to play. Try the daily 10- quick arithmetic skills. How quick can you get?
- Oxford Owl - This is a great website where you can read books online - for your child to read or to read together.
- Cbeebies bedtime stories - Lovely bedtime stories read by lots of different people!
- Storyline online - Lots of stories for you to listen to with your child.
- Numberblocks - an animated show exploring numbers in lots of different ways!
- Alphablocks on the BBC - Great short shows practicing different phonics sounds, great for practicing blending.
- Once upon a picture - Some great images to promote discussion, role play and lots of suggested literacy activities!
- BBC Supermovers - number songs and dances