Miss Simpson is our class teacher.
Our teaching assistants are Mrs Hardbattle and Miss Davies
Miss Simpson's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is this half term's class newsletter: Mars Class Autumn Term 2 Newsletter
Here is our topic web for this half term: Toys Through Time Topic Web - Autumn 2
Here is our homework menu for this half term: Homework Menu - Autumn 2
Another super week has gone by in year 1. Mars class have done lots of work this week and worked very hard. There has been some brilliant writing, text map learning, adding, subtracting, comparing, building, thinking and more! On Wednesday, we stood for 2 minutes to show our respect for Remembrance Day, and made some lovely poppy sun-catchers for one of our windows. On Friday we talked about Children in Need and what they do to help children across the UK. Miss Simpson and Mrs Hardbattle are very proud of all of you this week, you have worked so hard!
Things to note:
- PE is on Tuesdays and Fridays. On these days please send your child into school in their PE kit. This will be outside all term so please make sure they are dressed for the weather!
- Please make sure your child has wellies in school everyday for play times on the field
- The children have the opportunity to read in school every day so please make sure their books and reading diaries are in school every day. We will try to check the reading diaries daily. If your child needs their book changing please put a note in their reading diary.
- Water bottles should be brought to school daily. Please make sure these are named.
- Please make sure all jumpers and book bags are named.
Our topic this term is...
Keep checking back for updates about our learning during the term!
Here are some great websites you can use at home:
- Purple mash - please log in to this and explore it with your child. The login details are in your child's reading diary.
- Phonics Play - Some great phonic based games to play.
- Phonics bloom - More great phonics games to play.
Newsround- The home of news and fun facts for kids.
- Top marks - English and Maths games to play. Try the daily 10- quick arithmetic skills. How quick can you get?
- Oxford Owl - This is a great website where you can read books online - for your child to read or to read together.
- Cbeebies bedtime stories - Lovely bedtime stories read by lots of different people!
- Storyline online - Lots of stories for you to listen to with your child.
- Numberblocks - an animated show exploring numbers in lots of different ways!
- Alphablocks on the BBC - Great short shows practicing different phonics sounds, great for practicing blending.
- Once upon a picture - Some great images to promote discussion, role play and lots of suggested literacy activities!
- BBC Supermovers - number songs and dances