Miss Simpson is our class teacher.
Our teaching assistants are Mrs Hardbattle and Miss Davies
Miss Simpson's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is this half term's class newsletter: Mars Class Autumn Term 2 Newsletter
Here is our topic web for this half term: Toys Through Time Topic Web - Autumn 2
Here is our homework menu for this half term: Homework Menu - Autumn 2
End of Autumn
Wow term 1 is finished already! We have had an extremely busy term, filled with lots of learning. This last 2 weeks has been full of Christmas fun, with Christmas Fair activities, Christingle making, Christmas party, filming our Christmas video, watching other Christmas performances on video and December birthday parties.
A huge congratulations and well done all of Mars class for their parts in the Christmas video. You all worked really hard to learn the songs and words. All the grown ups in Mars class are very proud of you. Check your email for the link to our video!
Have a look at some of the photos from our last week. I hope you have a fantastic Christmas holiday. See you all in January!
Things to note:
- PE is on Tuesdays and Fridays. On these days please send your child into school in their PE kit. This will be outside all term so please make sure they are dressed for the weather!
- Please make sure your child has wellies in school everyday for play times on the field
- The children have the opportunity to read in school every day so please make sure their books and reading diaries are in school every day. If your child needs their book changing please put a note in their reading diary.
- Water bottles should be brought to school daily. Please make sure these are named.
- Please make sure all jumpers and book bags are named.
Our topic this term is...
Keep checking back for updates about our learning during the term!
Here are some great websites you can use at home:
- Purple mash - please log in to this and explore it with your child. The login details are in your child's reading diary.
- Phonics Play - Some great phonic based games to play.
- Phonics bloom - More great phonics games to play.
Newsround- The home of news and fun facts for kids.
- Top marks - English and Maths games to play. Try the daily 10- quick arithmetic skills. How quick can you get?
- Oxford Owl - This is a great website where you can read books online - for your child to read or to read together.
- Cbeebies bedtime stories - Lovely bedtime stories read by lots of different people!
- Storyline online - Lots of stories for you to listen to with your child.
- Numberblocks - an animated show exploring numbers in lots of different ways!
- Alphablocks on the BBC - Great short shows practicing different phonics sounds, great for practicing blending.
- Once upon a picture - Some great images to promote discussion, role play and lots of suggested literacy activities!
- BBC Supermovers - number songs and dances