Mrs Faupel and Mrs Usher are our class teachers.
Our teaching assistant is Mrs Plumridge.
Mrs Baker and Mrs Sewell also work in Year 1.
Things to note:
- PE is on Tuesdays and Fridays. On these days please send your child into school in their PE kit. PE may be inside or outside, so please dress for the weather! If your child has long hair, please tie this up on PE days and remove earrings.
- The children have the opportunity to read in school every day so please make sure their books and reading diaries are in school every day. If your child needs their book changing please encourage them to put their books in the 'to be changed box' first thing in the morning.
- Water bottles should be brought to school daily. Please make sure these are named.
- Please make sure all jumpers and book bags are named.
- A healthy snack can be sent in for playtime. We also provide fresh fruit as a snack.
Autumn 1 2023
Please find this term's newsletter, topic grid and homework menu attached below. Please also remember to read with your child at least three times a week, access NumBots and practice the weekly spellings. Thank you!
Week beginning 25th September 2023
In English we read a poem called Snail by John Drinkwater. We enjoyed performing the poem and we found all the rhyming words. We wrote our own sets of rhyming words and matched pictures and words that rhyme. We enjoyed finding out facts about snails and we wrote a sentence about one of the facts we learned.
Week beginning 18th September 2023
In maths this week we used the vocabulary more, less, fewer, greater and equal. Today we used the mathematical symbols greater than > and less than < to compare two quantities.
Week beginning 11th September 2023
This week we have been finding 1 more than a number. We have also been subitising using tens frames. Today we used first, then and now boards to make up addition stories.
Week beginning 4th September 2023
Here we are performing our version of Humpty Dumpty!
Year 1 Common Exception Words
Here are some great websites you can use at home
- Phonics Play - Some great phonic based games to play.
- Phonics bloom - More great phonics games to play.
Newsround- The home of news and fun facts for kids.
- Top marks - English and Maths games to play. Try the daily 10- quick arithmetic skills. How quick can you get?
- Oxford Owl - This is a great website where you can read books online - for your child to read or to read together.
- Cbeebies bedtime stories - Lovely bedtime stories read by lots of different people!
- Storyline online - Lots of stories for you to listen to with your child.
- Numberblocks - an animated show exploring numbers in lots of different ways!
- Alphablocks on the BBC - Great short shows practicing different phonics sounds, great for practicing blending.
- Once upon a picture - Some great images to promote discussion, role play and lots of suggested literacy activities!
- BBC Supermovers - number songs and dances