Welcome back! We are so happy that the children are back together as a group again. We have enjoyed seeing them getting stuck
into school life like they have never been away.
Mrs Faupel and Mrs Rhodes are our class teachers.
Ms Herrington and Mr Morris are our teaching assistants.
Mrs Rhodes works Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (am only)
Mrs Faupel works Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Reading books will be changed whenever necessary. We will have regular reading challenges and the first one is underway.
- PE will take place on Monday and Wednesday. Your child needs to come dressed in their outdoor PE Kit as all PE will be outdoors. Ideally, they will still wear wellies to and from school and then have their PE shoes in school. The reason for this is we need them to have a dry pair of shoes to wear in the classroom.
- If possible, please just leave your child's school shoes or some pumps in school all the time.
- Homework from the 'menu' is due as and when children have completed a piece. We look forward to seeing it and we will carry on our successful 'round robin' where the children show their homework to each other in small groups. All homework is marked by the class teacher and a sticker / house point is given. Sometimes merits are also given.
- Spellings will be issued and worked through on a Friday in a relaxed manner. This is not a test and scores are not being recorded in diaries.
- Lunches are served in the classroom. If your child would like to bring a healthy snack in the morning then they can.
- We actively encourage the children to drink water and they need a named water bottle in school every day. Their bottle is kept on their desks each day.
Please click here for some reading question prompts to help question your child as they read to you and you read to them. As your child is now in Year 2, they need to be able to discuss a text and answer questions about it.
This term our topic is:
The Great Fire of London
Click HERE to download this term's newsletter.
Click HERE to download the topic web.
Click HERE to down load the homework grid.
Click HERE to download this term's spellings.
Please check the front page of the school website for the most up to date diary dates.
Keeping in touch:
We both realise that keeping in touch is harder face to face that it used to be currently. We will make every effort to put photographs of the class on Twitter and on here so that you can see what your child is getting up to and as soon as we can welcome you back into the class then we will. We are always available on email and at the end of the school day so please don't hesitate to make contact.
We are enjoying the challenge of Year 2 Guided Reading! Here we are reading in our classroom and fabulous outdoor area.
We enjoyed learning our text map about Jack and the Beanstalk. We had some clues to investigate outside too.
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Phonics Play - http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm or https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/PicnicOnPluto.html or https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/BuriedTreasure2.html
- BBC Words and pictures - http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/wordsandpictures/phonics/
- Oxford Owl - https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Maths ICT Games - http://www.ictgames.com/resources.html
- English ICT Games - http://www.ictgames.com/literacy.html
- Scratch - https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Purple Mash - http://www.purplemash.com/sch/crick