Mr Garfield is our Class Teacher
Mrs McIntyre is our Teaching Assistant
Miss Godden and Miss Gibson are our 1:1 Teaching Assistants
- PE will take place on Mondays and Thursdays. Please make sure hair is tied up and earrings are removed/covered on these days.
- Your child can bring a healthy snack in for morning break and there is fruit available in the class too.
- We actively encourage the children to drink water and your child needs a named water bottle in school every day.
- Please make sure all clothing is named, especially jumpers and cardigans.
- Reading books can be changed at any point in the week. Children have the opportunity to change books first thing each morning.
- Please continue to write in your child's reading record and to ask your child to read out loud. These should be in school everyday.
Please click here for some reading question prompts to help question your child as they read to you and you read to them. As your child is now in Year 2, they need to be able to discuss a text and answer questions about it.
Autumn 1 - This week in Year 2
This week in Year 2 we have been completing our work on Jack and the Beanstalk. On Wednesday we went outside to practice our text maps for our own independent versions of the story. We practiced on our own, then reading to a partner and then finally we read them to the rest of the class. We wrote our stories on Thursday.
In RE we have been finding out about harvest festivals around the world and how it is celebrated. We have written our own acrostic poems based on harvest.
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Phonics Play - lots of games to support phonics knowledge http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm or https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/PicnicOnPluto.html or https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/BuriedTreasure2.html
- BBC Words and pictures - http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/wordsandpictures/phonics/
- Oxford Owl - digital reading books https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Maths ICT Games - games to practice a whole range of maths skills http://www.ictgames.com/resources.html
- English ICT Games - games to practice a whole range of English skills http://www.ictgames.com/literacy.html
- Scratch - an app we use in computing to learn basic coding https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Numbots - a registered website to practice mental arithmetic skills such as subitising, number bonds, addition and subtarction https://numbots.com/