Miss Webster is our class teacher
Miss Davies is our teaching assistant
Click here to see our topic web for what we are learning about this half term.
Things to Note:
- Our PE days are Tuesday and Thursday. PE will be outside this term so please ensure children arrive at school dressed in their PE kit on PE days.
- Homework - You will have a grid of activities based on our topic sent home at the beginning of the half term. Two topic based tasks from the grid should be completed at some point during each half term, but you can always do more if you want to! In addition, there will be a weekly English or Maths task which is given out on Friday and collected the following Wednesday.
- Reading - Please continue to read with your child on a weekly basis and ensure children have their reading books and reading records in every day.
- Spellings - Spellings will be given out on a Monday with spelling tests taking place the following Monday, please ensure you continue to practice these at home.
- Times Tables - Times tables test will take place on a Wednesday, please ensure you continue to practice these. The government expectation is that all Year 3 children know all their 2, 5, 10, 3, 4 and 8 times tables. Although we support this through our learning in school as well as weekly tests, home practise is vital!
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit is preferable).
This half term our topic is Meet the Flintstones.
Take a look at our super Stone Age homework that has started to arrive!
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
Other online resources:
- Purple Mash - activities and games across the whole curriculum. We will sometimes set homework on Purple Mash, this will appear as a bell on the 'To Do' section.
- Nrich - We use this site to develop our reasoning and problem solving skills in mathematics. Have a look around and try some of the activities.
- Scratch - programming website we will be using in computing. Great fun, using blocks to code.
- Top Marks - great English and Maths games to play at home
- Splat 100: interactive 100-square
- Hit the Button: Great for practicing lots of different maths skills
- Crick Web: Some great games for spellings, grammar and punctuation