Here at Crick Primary School, we believe that our children are the most important people and we endeavor to give all children lots of opportunities to share their thoughts and opinions and play an active role in the decisions that affect their learning and well-being.
One way we do this is through our Pupil Voice meetings. Each month Mrs Staniforth (our Headteacher) and Mrs Brennan (our Deputy), will have lunch with randomly selected pupils from Reception to Year 6. At these meetings, the children discuss what they like about our school and what they feel could be improved.
Following the meetings, the views of the children are displayed and staff discuss what we could work on and improve.
Meetings will be held on:
- 23rd September 2022
- 4th November 2022
- 1st December 2022
- 27th January 2023 (Friday 3rd February)
- 24th February 2023
- 24th March 2023
- 28th April 2023
- 25th May 2023
- 30th June 2023
- 13th July 2023
We had a lovely lunch with our Pupil Voice children on Friday24th February
What we like about Crick Primary School …
What we would like to change about Crick Primary School ...
Our response on how we can improve on some of the suggestions you have made.
- I have spoken to the lunchtime supervisors and asked them to put the water jugs on the table at lunchtimes.
- I will speak to Mrs Morris about activities at lunchtime and see if we can have a focus for each week.
- It is really important that the equipment is used correctly, so I will ask the Play Leaders to show the children how to use it.
- I think the play leaders can go in on a rota so some go first and so go second. This way there are always play leaders outside.
- The reason we have arithmetic is for you to practice your skills and work on retrieval practice. It isn’t designed to be difficult or hard, but an opportunity for you to practice the skills you have learnt.
- I love seeing your work and I will remind the teachers that I need to see your amazing work.
- Trips are a great idea, but we need to make sure they develop your learning. Year R, 1, 2, and ^ have one coming up soon linked to your topic.
- I will ask Mrs Brennan to look at your House song at the next meeting and see what other Hedgehogs say.
- We are currently trying new handwriting pens to see which are the best. Thank you for letting us know what you think.
- I will ask the lunchtime supervisors to hand some more tickets out if they feel it is needed.
- The daily mile track is so important. I will speak to the teachers and remind them that it needs to be used at least 3 times a week.
- The mental health boards are so important and I will ask Mrs Usher, who is in charge of mental health and wellbeing to discuss this with the teachers.
- I would love more visitors in school and I am trying to organise Ellie Robinson and Darren Edwards to come back and see us.
- Coats at lunchtimes are a difficult one. I will speak to the lunchtime supervisors and see if we can come up with a solution.
- I love a good pencil case, but it is up to the class teachers. I will ask them to see what they would like to do.
- A swing and see-saw would be lovely; however, we don’t have enough space on the field.
- We love fundraising at Crick and we work hard to fundraise for different charities throughout the year. We try and have a balance so that we fundraise, while not asking parents for too much money throughout the year.