Miss Webster is our class teacher.
Miss Davies is our teaching assistant.
Click on the links below to view the information for Summer Term 2.
Click here to see our class newsletter for this half term.
Click here to see our topic homework menu for this half term.
Things to Note:
- Our PE days for Summer Term 1 are Monday. PE may be outside or inside this term so please ensure children arrive at school dressed in their PE kit on PE days. We will be taking part in Forest School every Wednesday. Please ensure children come to school dress in their Forest School clothes.
- Homework - You will have a grid of activities based on our topic set via Microsoft Teams at the beginning of the half term. Two topic based tasks from the grid should be completed at some point during each half term, but you can always do more if you want to!
- Reading - Please continue to read with your child on a weekly basis and ensure children have their reading books and reading records in every day. Please use the reading comprehension bookmark sent home to ask your child questions about what they are reading.
- Times Tables - Times tables test will take place on a Friday, please ensure you continue to practice these. The government expectation is that all Year 4 children know all their times tables up to 12 x 12 by the end of the year. Although we support this through our learning in school as well as weekly tests, home practise is vital!
- Children can bring one healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit/vegetables are preferable).
Our topic this term is Ancient Greece
Look what we have been up to this term
In English we had a go at writing our own Haiku poems about autumn.
In DT, we made pavilions out of lollipop sticks for an animal of our choice. .
We had a great time on our first residential trip to Everdon!
World Book Day
Forest School Fun
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Oxford Owl - A great place to find e-books you haven't read before!
- Nrich - Use this site to develop reasoning and problem solving skills in mathematics.
- Top Marks - Fantastic games to help you with maths!
- Purple Mash - Purple Mash is fantastic to use at home for extra learning in addition to what we learn at school. Every child has their own login details for the website, these can be found in their reading records.