Miss Osborne is our class teacher.
Mrs Fisher is our teaching assistant.
Click here to see our topic web for what we are learning about this half term.
Things to Note:
- Our PE days are Monday and Thursday. PE will be outside this term so please ensure children arrive at school dressed in their PE kit on PE days.
- Homework - You will have a grid of activities based on our topic set via Microsoft Teams at the beginning of the half term. Two topic based tasks from the grid should be completed at some point during each half term, but you can always do more if you want to! In addition, there will be a weekly English or Maths task which will be assignment on Teams on Friday and due the following Friday.
- Reading - Please continue to read with your child on a weekly basis and ensure children have their reading books and reading records in every day. Please use the reading comprehension bookmark sent home to ask your child questions about what they are reading.
- Spellings - Spelling tests will take place on a Monday, please ensure you continue to practice these at home.
- Times Tables - Times tables test will take place on a Thursday, please ensure you continue to practice these. The government expectation is that all Year 4 children know all their times tables up to 12 x 12 by the end of the year. Although we support this through our learning in school as well as weekly tests, home practise is vital!
- Children can bring one healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit/vegetables are preferable).
This half term our topic is Amazing Americas.
Stars class at Forest School.
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Oxford Owl - A great place to find e-books you haven't read before!
- Nrich - Use this site to develop reasoning and problem solving skills in mathematics.
- Top Marks - Fantastic games to help you with maths!
- Purple Mash - We will sometimes set homework tasks from the Purple Mash website. It's fantastic to use at home for extra learning in addition to what we learn at school. Every child has their own login details for the website, these can be found in their reading records.