Miss Webster is our class teacher.
Miss Davies is our teaching assistant.
Mrs Montgomery and Mrs Hall are our 1:1 teaching assistants.
Things to Note:
- PE - Our PE days are Mondays and Tuesdays. PE may be inside or outside this term so please ensure children arrive at school dressed in their PE kit on PE days. For Autumn term, children should come to school in their school uniform with their swimming kit in a bag.
- Homework - You will have a grid of activities based on our topic sent home via email at the beginning of the half term. Two topic based tasks from the grid should be completed at some point during each half term, but you can always do more if you want to!
- Reading - Please continue to read with your child on a weekly basis and ensure children have their reading books and reading records in every day. Please use the reading comprehension bookmark sent home to ask your child questions about what they are reading. Children are encourage to read at home at least three times a week.
- Times Tables - Times tables test will take place on a Friday, please ensure you continue to practice these. Although we support this through our learning in school as well as weekly tests, home practise is vital!
- Spellings - Spellings will be handed out on Mondays with tests taking place on a Friday, please support your child with practicing these.
- Breaktime Snacks - Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit/vegetables are preferable).
Look at what we have been getting up to!
Week commencing 11th September
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
Other online resources:
- Purple Mash - activities and games across the whole curriculum. We will sometimes set homework on Purple Mash, this will appear as a bell on the 'To Do' section.
- Nrich - We use this site to develop our reasoning and problem solving skills in mathematics. Have a look around and try some of the activities.
- Scratch - programming website we will be using in computing. Great fun, using blocks to code.
- Top Marks - great English and Maths games to play at home
- Splat 100: interactive 100-square
- Hit the Button: Great for practicing lots of different maths skills
- Crick Web: Some great games for spellings, grammar and punctuation