Welcome to Mercury Class
Class Teachers - Mr Morris & Mrs Miles
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Channing
Swimming for all of year 5 starts this Monday afternoon (19th April)
Remember swimming costume/trunks, swimming cap and towel.
Bikeability - Monday to Thursday (19th to 22nd April) every day for those who have booked.
Please bring your bikes in the playground gate to put them in the bike racks by the hall.
Give yourselves time to walk round to the field gate to come into class.
Make sure your bike is roadworthy and remember your helmet.
Remember a bike lock and your key (optional). You can lock your bike and leave it at school for the week if you want to. Although the advice on the application form is to practice between sessions.
We have your completed application forms in school.
Things to Note:
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit is preferable).
- Our PE sessions are on a Monday for swimming and Thursday for Forest School. Please ensure your child has the correct clothing for Forest School and brings swimming kit on a Monday.
- Spellings will be given out and tested on Friday. These will be found on Teams.
- Homework will be given out every Friday this is then due in the following Wednesday again this is on Teams.
- Please make sure your child reads every day and records this in their reading record. We will check reading records every Friday.
We are recapping our Geography learning from lockdown but looking at places on all the continents.
Our class reader is Kensuke's Kingdom and we will track their travels on the map in the classroom.
Read our Summer Term Newsletter here : newsletter
Read about what we are learning here : Topic web
All homework including spellings is now on Teams
We learnt online all about Ernest Shackleton and his journey to the South Pole
We learnt about the Romans
Dates for the diary...
- Wb 19th April - Bikeability for Year 5.
- 28th April – Year 5 parent's consultations. Booking on scopay.com closes 26 March 5pm
- 3rd and 31st May Bank Holiday
- 1st- 4th June Half term
- 16th July last day of term before the Summer Break
Look at our fantastic plate weaving ...
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Nrich - We use this site to develop our reasoning and problem solving skills in mathematics. Have a look around and try some of the activities. Typical activities we may use range from Stage 1** to Stage 2**.
- Mathsframe - The children will find lots of maths games and activities here to support their learning in class.
- Brick Blaster 5 - This website supports children's mental addition skills
- Brick Blaster 6 - This website supports children's mental subtraction skills
- Purple Mash - resources to support the whole curriculum. Homework may also be set using the 'To Do' tab.