Welcome to Year 5
Your teacher is Mr Morris
Your teaching assistant is Mrs Hardbattle
Things to Note:
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit is preferable).
- Our PE sessions are on a Monday for Real Gym and Tuesday for Netball.
- Please make sure your child reads every day and records this in their reading record. We will check reading records every Friday.
We are learning all about the Earth and its extreme environments!
Our class reader is The boy at the back of the classroom by Onjali Q. Raúf as we have had a lot of really meaningful conversations about refugees last term.
Read our Newsletter here : Coming soon...
Read about what we are learning here : Coming soon...
Our Homework grid can be found here: Coming soon...
Our Year so far!
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Nrich - We use this site to develop our reasoning and problem solving skills in mathematics. Have a look around and try some of the activities. Typical activities we may use range from Stage 1** to Stage 2**.
- Mathsframe - The children will find lots of maths games and activities here to support their learning in class.
- Brick Blaster 5 - This website supports children's mental addition skills
- Brick Blaster 6 - This website supports children's mental subtraction skills
- Purple Mash - resources to support the whole curriculum. Homework may also be set using the 'To Do' tab.