Welcome to Mercury Class
Class Teachers - Mr Morris & Mrs Staniforth
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Channing
Things to Note:
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit is preferable).
- Our PE sessions are on a Monday and Thursday. Please ensure your child comes to school in outdoor PE kit, as we will be going outside whatever the weather.
- Spellings will be given out and tested on Friday.
- Homework will be given out every Friday this is then due in the following Wednesday.
- Please make sure your child reads every day and records this in their reading record. We will check reading records every Friday.
Dates for the diary...
- 5th November – Outdoor classroom day
- 6th November- Year 5 Pupil Voice Lunch with the Headteacher
- 11th November -Whole school Remembrance Day activities
- 14th November -Diwali
- 11th December -Mercury Class Assembly via Zoom 1.30pm
- 16th December Christmas Dinner
- 17th December Birthday Parties
- 18th December Christmas Party Day
- 18th December- Last day of term
- 21st December – 1st January Christmas Break
- 4th January Training day
- 15th – 19th February Half Term
- 29th March – 9th April Easter Break
- 3rd and 31st May Bank Holiday
- 1st- 4th June Half term
- 16th July last Day of term before the Summer Break
Autumn Term 1 - Click here to find out what we are learning about last half term.
Autumn Term 1 - Click here to find out what we are learning about this half term.
Look at our fantastic plate weaving ...
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Nrich - We use this site to develop our reasoning and problem solving skills in mathematics. Have a look around and try some of the activities. Typical activities we may use range from Stage 1** to Stage 2**.
- Mathsframe - The children will find lots of maths games and activities here to support their learning in class.
- Brick Blaster 5 - This website supports children's mental addition skills
- Brick Blaster 6 - This website supports children's mental subtraction skills
- Purple Mash - resources to support the whole curriculum. Homework may also be set using the 'To Do' tab.