Welcome to Year 5
Your teachers are Mr Morris & Mrs Staniforth
Your teaching assistant is Mrs Hardbattle
Things to Note:
- Children can bring a healthy snack in from home to eat during morning playtime (fruit is preferable).
- Please remember to apply Sunscreen to your child prior to school on sunny days (12 hour protection is preferable), they are allowed to bring sunscreen in as a top up too (please no aerosols).
- A sun hat is also advised.
- Our PE sessions are on a Monday for swimming and Wednesday for Sportshall athletics
- Homework will be given out every Friday this is then due in the following Wednesday again this is on Teams.
- Please make sure your child reads every day and records this in their reading record. We will check reading records every Friday.
We are learning all about the Romans this term!
Our class reader is Wolf Boy by Tony Bradman to give inspiration for our topic.
Read our Newsletter here : Autumn 1 Newsletter
Read about what we are learning here : Topic web
All homework is now on Teams- Homework grid
Dates for the diary...
Fantastic resources to support learning and homework activities
- Nrich - We use this site to develop our reasoning and problem solving skills in mathematics. Have a look around and try some of the activities. Typical activities we may use range from Stage 1** to Stage 2**.
- Mathsframe - The children will find lots of maths games and activities here to support their learning in class.
- Brick Blaster 5 - This website supports children's mental addition skills
- Brick Blaster 6 - This website supports children's mental subtraction skills
- Purple Mash - resources to support the whole curriculum. Homework may also be set using the 'To Do' tab.